PPP / Who are you?

My refined development of Emily's double page spread was saved in an unusual format and would no longer open and so I have had to rework this and develop my idea further. Here are some screen shots oft he new solution. I tried to keep in minimal and therefore any colour would be focused on Emily's work and and text would also be about her. This has worked well and I feel my outcome is eye catching and professional.


I decided to use three columns as a basic layout for my double page spread, this was simple and worked effectively.







I then began to structure the basic body copy that I had previously written based on Emily and her life after I conducted an interview with her. I was really pleased with the simple design as it looked professional giving Emily herself a professional appearance.



I decided to give a really modernist feel to the design keeping my colour scheme simple with purely black and white, to give a high contrast style. This work really well and the text stands out against the black background.



I have chosen images of Emily's work that represent her try illustrative approach to represent her style to my readers / audience. This has worked well as they have become the clear focal point of the publication with simple use of negative space and the colour against the high contrast black and white everywhere else really stands out.

Sunday 27 May 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply