Who are you? (Body Copy Text: 557 words)


Below is the body copy of text I will be using for my publication based around Emily James and her Life. I have tried to approach it in a professional manner, whilst using an 'interview' style approach which made best use of the information I already had. I will also be included 'snippets' of text next to each piece of her artwork that I use.

Body Copy

Emily James is a Twenty year old, first year Graphic Design student studying at Leeds College of art. She takes a great amount of inspiration from Harriet Russell and similar designers. Harriet Russell is a freelance illustrator who lives and works in London. Here, Emily takes time to tell us all about her life, inspirations and designers.

Where are you from?
“I’m from the Cotwolds.”

That sounds nice. What’s it like there?
“It is very pretty, but also quiet most of the time.”

How long have you lived there?
“Since I was born.”

Going back to your childhood now. What was your earliest memory?
I remember going to the hospital when my younger brother was born. My dad bought me a can of coke and I got really hyper.”

What is your most unappealing habit?
“I suck my thumb when I am tired. Which isn't exactly a habit that a twenty year old should have.”

What is your favourite word? Why?
“I say the word 'like' far too often. I don't know why really.”

If you could edit your past? What would you change? Why?
“I would thing again which people I can actually trust. I would also go back and make myself do more work and stop being so lazy! Also I wish I didn't worry about stupid little things that don't even matter anymore.”

If you could go back in time, where would you go? What would you do while you were there?
“I would go travelling to see more of the world and have a more open minded and optimistic view on life. I would like to go to Australia, Hawaii, Japan and India.”

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
“Probably getting into uni to be honest.”

Congratulations. Now to move on to ‘people’. - Which living person do you most admire and why?
“Probably my dad. He is very influential to me in terms of design and he always know exactly what to say.”

What four people would you invite to your dream dinner party? Why?
“I would have to invite Russell Brand to provide the comedy. Kelly slater and he is my favourite surfer, Yulia Brodskaya to teach me how to improve my design and finally probably Steve Jobs just to him ask hundred and one questions.”

Now for the random few. What would your super power be? What would you use it for?
“I would love to be able to turn back time and change things from the past. Or even just relive the best bits of my life!”

Cat, Dog or other? Tell us why?
“Neither as I am very allergic to both cats and dogs.”

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose? Why?
“Um I don't think I would like to bring back anything extinct for good, but I would love to see a dinosaur!”

Finally, In the future. Where would you like to live? Why? What would you do if you lived there?
“I would like to live in Cornwall at one point in my life as I love the sea. I want to be able to surf while also design. Somewhere like St Ives is very influential in terms of art and I would love to live there. I like how detached it is and how calm and chilled out.”


Tuesday 6 March 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply